Coming to you fresh from the blog of our good friends at Coconut Bowls are 5 of the best peanut butter smoothie bowls you ever will see! 😍
Delicious, healthy and simple recipes put together by a bunch of incredibly talented foodies - it doesn't get any better.
We've posted these amazing creations below for your convenience, so scroll on down for a guided tour through flavour-town.
You can also easily get your hands on the amazing, affordable and eco-friendly Coconut Bowls products by clicking any of the banners in this article :)
First up we have this incredibly delicious bowl of oats, contributed by @cleansupperclub_. If this doesn’t have you jumping out of bed we don’t quite know what will! It is packed with nutrients to keep you feeling full, nourished and satisfied.
Take it to the next level by topping with melted raw chocolate, fresh fruit, coconut flakes and a light sprinkle of cacao powder.
- 1/2 cup oats
- 1 1/4 cup almond milk
- 1 ripe banana, mashed
- 1 tbsp cacao powder (or this epic Teelixir Cacao Latte blend)
- 1 tbsp peanut butter
- 1 tsp maple syrup (optional)
- Combine oats and milk in a saucepan and cook over medium heat for about 5 minutes.
- Then reduce heat and cook for a further 5 minutes, adding banana, cacao powder,
peanut butter and maple (add more liquid if required).
- Transfer to coconut bowl and top with fresh berries, raw chocolate and/or coconut
2.) Double Choc + Peanut Butter Smoothie Bowl
This divine looking smoothie bowl contributed by @paleolife_pl is consistency goals. Living proof that healthy is far from boring! Don’t forget to go wild with toppings... We’re talking lathers of pb, chopped raw chocolate or cacao nibs and crushed nuts.
- 3-4 frozen bananas
- 2 tbsp peanut butter
- 1-2 tbsp cacao powder
- 1-2 tsp coconut nectar (optional)
- Dash of nut milk (use a very small amount to achieve this thick consistency)
- Option: add 1 tsp of Mason's Mushrooms to seriously boost the health benefits of this bowl
- Combine all ingredients in a high-power blender, blend until smooth and creamy.
- Spoon into coconut bowl/s and top with extra peanut butter, crushed nuts and/or raw
3.) Blackberry Chia and PB
Is there anything peanut butter doesn’t make better? As much as we love chocolate and PB for a dessert-like breakfast, sometimes it’s great to mix it up by adding pb to berry flavoured bowls like @addictedtodates has done here. The chia pudding needs to be prepared the day ahead to allow the seeds to swell, ideal for those busy weekday mornings. All you need to do is add a dollop of pb, fresh berries and voila!
- 1 cup macadamia milk
- 3/4 cup blackberries (fresh or frozen)
- 1 tsp coconut nectar
- 1/4 cup chia seeds
- 2 tbsp peanut butter (to serve)
- Option: sprinkle your favourite matcha or greens powder over top for flavour, colour and added health benefits
- Combine all ingredients (except chia seeds) in a blender, blend until smooth.
- Place chia seeds in a large mixing bowl and fold in the blackberry mixture.
- Divide between coconut bowls and place in the fridge overnight.
- Serve with fresh berries and a generous dollop of peanut butter.
4.) Raspberry Peanut Butter Choc Chip Oats
Raspberries, PB and chocolate... 3 of life’s greatest wonders. This delicious recipe was contributed by @sunshine__susan showing us yet another great way to use peanut butter in porridge. Keep the oats simple and then load up with toppings... This includes (but is certainly not limited to!) a generous serve of smooth peanut butter, melted raw chocolate, cacao nibs, raspberries and a drizzle of maple syrup.
- 1/2 cup oats
- 1/2 cup coconut milk
- 1/2 cup filtered water
- 1 tbsp peanut butter
- 2 tsp maple syrup
- Combine oats, milk and water in a saucepan and cook over medium heat for about 5 minutes.
- Then reduce heat and cook for a further 5 minutes, adding peanut butter and maple (add more liquid if required).
- Transfer to coconut bowl and top with fresh raspberries, peanut butter, cacao nibs and/ or melted raw chocolate.
5.) Chickpea-Peanut Butter Ice Cream
It would be an absolute crime not to try this drool-worthy (and completely clean!) PB ice cream by @unsweetened.caroline. It’s the ultimate alternative to dairy ice-cream that is just as flavoursome, much more satisfying (because it actually contains nutrients the body can use) and just all round better! Make sure you drizzle with extra PB because... why not!
- 1 cup canned chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup Medjool dates, pitted
- 1/2 cup peanut butter (I use natural salted)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 398 ml can (14 oz) coconut milk, low-fat (or about 1 1/2 cups plant-based milk of choice)
- Chocolate chips or cocoa nibs for serving (optional)
- More peanut butter for serving (optional)
- Add all the ingredients to a high-speed blender. Blend for 30 seconds or until smooth.
- Transfer to a dish (I use a bread pan) and freeze overnight or for at least 12 hours.
- Serve with a drizzle of peanut butter and chocolate chips (or cocoa nibs) if desired.
There you have it!
Big thanks to the legends at Coconut Bowls for putting these recipes together, don't forget you can get their amazing, all-natural and sustainable bowls using any of the banners above!