Whether you’re an athlete, foodie or simply looking to add some extra protein to your diet, a high-quality protein powder can be a delicious and easy way to give your body an extra little boost.
But what if you are vegan? Most proteins currently available are made with whey or other dairy-based products, but that doesn't mean great vegan protein options aren't available.
There are many brands these days that cater to the vegan community, so it’s now quite easy to find an alternative ... but as with everything, not all are a great option!
One of the best vegan protein options I've come across are the 'vegan superfood protein powders' from White Wolf Nutrition. The entire range is 100% natural, GMO-free, vegan, gluten-free, soy-free and dairy-free making them suitable for nearly anyone. Read on below as I take the chocolate flavour for a spin!
What You'll Find Here:
- Everything you need to know about White Wolf Nutrition & their Chocolate Vegan Superfood Protein Blend
- Pros & Cons: What I like about it and what you need to consider
- The Best Place To Buy It (as well as a special offer for our readers)
- Why you should use it and how to best take it
- The best alternatives and complements
WHITE WOLF NUTRITION CHOCOLATE VEGAN SUPERFOOD PROTEIN REVIEW BY DARCY - BIRCHER BAR FOUNDER & OWNER:
What I Like About It:
Super High-Quality: White Wolf Nutrition’s chocolate superfood protein is made with 100% natural ingredients is completely non-GMO with no artificial sweeteners, flavours, or preservatives. Sweetened with Australian-grown organic stevia, it's completely sugar-free, gluten-free, soy-free, dairy-free and ... yep, you guessed it - vegan!
Complete Plant-Based Protein: Using pea protein as the base, the White Wolf chocolate superfood blend is naturally complete, providing all of the essential amino acids required for muscle growth, repair and recovery. Add to that your BCAAs and superfoods such as chia, sunflower and quinoa to name a few, and you've got a brilliant all-in-one protein that's also a nutritional powerhouse.
Great Taste & Easy To Dissolve: Some protein powders are difficult to dissolve, often leaving you with powdery clumps. This blend mixes easily into water or milk for a smooth and creamy texture. The natural cacao flavour is rich and satisfying, and not overly sweet either.
What You Need To Consider:
Pea protein is reported to be slightly elevated in sodium - so if you have high blood pressure at all, be sure to first consult your doctor or GP before using this protein. It is unlikely to cause problems, but it’s always better to check beforehand just to be safe.
- A naturally complete protein packed full of natural BCAAs and superfoods.
- Easy to dissolve and with a delicious natural chocolate flavour.
- Gluten-free, soy-free, nut-free, and vegan! The ultimate allergen friendly protein powder.
- Made with 100% natural and organic ingredients.
- Relatively higher in sodium than some other protein powders
WHAT IS WHITE WOLF NUTRITION CHOCOLATE VEGAN SUPERFOOD PROTEIN?
Using organic raw cacao and organic stevia for flavour, the White Wolf chocolate superfood protein is a brilliant plant-based protein stacked with extra nutritional benefits. The ingredients include:
Pea Protein Isolate, Amino Acid Blend (L-Glutamine, Creatine Monohydrate, D-Aspartic Acid, L-Arginine, L-Carnitine, BCAA [Leucine, Isoleucine, Valine]), Organic Cacao, Natural Chocolate Flavouring, Super Food Blend (Flaxseed, Chia Seeds, Buckwheat, Psyllium Husk, Quinoa, Poppy Seeds, Sunflower Seeds, Coconut, Amaranth), MCT powder, Prebiotic, Natural Sweetener (Organic Stevia).
HEALTH BENEFITS OF WHITE WOLF NUTRITION CHOCOLATE VEGAN SUPERFOOD PROTEIN
On top of all of the health benefits that a super high-quality plant-based protein can provide, this mix takes it a step further with the addition of a huge range of superfoods, BCAA's and MCT powder as well
Health benefits include:
- Aiding muscle growth and strength
- Helping speed up muscle recovery and repair
- Decreases muscle soreness and exercise fatigue
- Helping with muscle preservation and maintenance
- Helping with athletic performance and energy levels
- High levels of fibre, healthy fats, vitamins and minerals
WHERE TO BUY WHITE WOLF NUTRITION CHOCOLATE VEGAN SUPERFOOD PROTEIN BLEND?
White Wolf Nutrition produce some of the best protein blends and nutritional supplements in Australia! We are more than proud to work with this crew!
To show our appreciation to our readers (YOU!) we have an exclusive offer available - all you need to do is join our email list to receive a unique coupon code.
After that, click any of the banners or big blue buttons in this article to jump over and shop with them.
HOW TO USE IT:
I find this particular blend super versatile and easy to use.
Creamy with a rich and strong chocolate flavour, the superfood choc protein works well as a straight-up shake with water or milk or, mix into you favourite smoothies, breakfast bowls or even in baking and raw energy balls!
A single serving size is 30g, and if simply mixing with water or milk for a shake - about 250ml of liquid should do the trick!
Reviews across the web for White Wolf products are typically brilliant, and this particular blend is no exception.
Here are some of my favourite reviews below:
- "Hands down the best vegan protein I've tried. I consider myself done trying to find a better one as I'm very happy with this! Will keep ordering!" -Elin
- “One of the first vegan protein powders that I haven’t reacted too! Nice and creamy, blends easy, full of natural flavour, low carb, high protein, no nasty fillers, just pure tasty drinkable nutrition! Ticks all my dietary needs boxes” -Marie C.
- "Not only is it the best vegan protein powder I've had to date. It stands on its own two feet as one with amazing flavour and macros. I've had it with water or in a smoothie, and both times been so happy with it." -Alexander H.
OUR FAVOURITE ALTERNATIVES & COMPLEMENTS:
If you’ve already tried the chocolate mix and would like to try out a few other flavours, check out the others from the range below:
One of their best-sellers, this blend delivers a sweet and beautifully balanced vanilla flavour. Most people are either team chocolate or vanilla when it comes to protein powders, so if this blend hasn't hit the mark for you - give the vanilla a run!
A coffee lovers dream! Using 100% ground Arabica coffee, this makes for a great shake to throw an espresso shot in with on the way out the door for a busy day!
The most decadent of the bunch, the salted caramel blend is my go-to for desserts and brekky bowls. Mix in with yogurt and fruit, or sprinkle over vegan ice-cream for a tasty and healthy protein hit.
I love the White Wolf range for the super high-quality of their protein, as well as the added nutritional and recovery benefits from the other ingredients.
As an active person, I'm always chasing something to give me the edge, and am noticing better strength and recovery after using this range over the last couple of months.
I love the chocolate flavour as I'm a big fan of raw cacao, but if that's not your flavour, try any of the others above for a completely different taste with all of the same benefits!
Hit any of the links, buttons or banners in this article to jump over and try a bag for yourself!