The Frank Green Cup - A Massive Player In The Reusable Coffee Cup Revolution!
Reuseable cups are a great way to improve your coffee's flavour, help the environment and save yourself some serious cash in the long run! Read on below as I quickly run you through all of the details surrounding one of the most popular reusable cups available - the Frank Green Coffee Cup
What you'll find here:
- All of the details you need to know about the range of Frank Green Cups
- What I personally like about them and what I think could be improved
- Where to buy it, with a link to the best pricing and service we can find
Frank Green Coffee Cups - Review By Darcy | The Bircher Bar Founder & Owner
Frank Green has built out an impressive range of cups and water bottles over the last few years, incorporating some fun and exciting smart technology (such as their 'Cafe Pay' system) and some award-winning designs.
While they are probably most famous for their flagship range of reusable plastic 'smart cups', the new stainless steel and ceramic cups have impressed me most.
I think the original smart cups are generally well designed but as mentioned in previous coffee cup reviews, I try to steer clear of plastic coffee cups where possible so I was pretty happy when I came across the stainless steel and ceramic coffee cup options.
First and foremost, what I love about the stainless steel and ceramic cups are - your coffee stays hot! Through combining a vacuum-sealed double-walled design, the heat retention with the stainless steel cup is great. And unlike plastic cups, nothing leaches into your coffee and alters the taste (or your body!).
It's a super simple cup to use with its single push-button top to open and close. Coffee flows fast and easy and when closed properly, the cup is amazingly spillproof and leakproof making it a great traveller. It also fits every cup holder I could find.
What I Like:
- Excellent heat retention - coffee and/or tea stays warm for ages (better in the stainless/ceramic cups than the original)
- Fits all cupholders
- Easy to use - winner of numerous design awards for this point
- Leakproof - I've read a few reviews that say otherwise but I didn't have an issue. Just make sure you've got the lid on tight!
- A 12-month warranty on all parts
What Could Be Improved:
- The inside of the lid can be a bit fiddly to take apart and clean - once you've done it once or twice though you'll have the hang of it. Just test it and make sure you've put it back together properly before throwing it in your bag.
- One of the more expensive reusable coffee cups on the market, justified by the amount of design and engineering gone into it though.
- Plastic - even in the stainless and ceramic cups the lid is still plastic. It is BPA-free and the coffee doesn't sit on it and 'leach' anything from it so it still makes the cut in my eyes.
All in all, anything from the range of Frank Green cups will deliver a brilliantly designed reusable cup, but the stainless or ceramic cups are the picks in my opinion. They all look great, will prevent many a spilt coffee and stand the test of time.
Where to Buy It?:
Frank Green cups are available at many great cafes throughout Australia and making their way to many other countries around the world.
That being said - I personally think Amazon is currently the best place you can get a hold of them for price and customer service.
We have a direct link to them with the big blue button at the top of this review or any of the banners throughout if you want to check them out.
Who...or What is Frank Green?:
Founded in Melbourne, Australia (a top contender for 'coffee capital of the world') - Frank Green was born of a desire to do better for the planet. Addressing the serious and ever-growing issue of disposable plastics and single-use coffee cups, Frank Green has produced a multi-award winning range of reusable coffee cups that are stylish, practical and indisposable!
Since it's beginnings Frank Green has picked up a bunch of awards in areas including design, business and eco principles. They are fast becoming one of Australia's (and the worlds) most popular and desirable reusable cups.
The key points to know about the Frank Green Stainless Steel Cup include:
- Double-walled thermal insulation - retains heat or keeps liquids cold for up to 12 hours
- The drinking hole is designed for optimum liquid flow
- Clever one-handed, push-button operation opens and closes the spill-resistant lid
- Highly durable and made from premium grade 304 stainless steel
- Wide mouth for added customisability - think fruit, tea or ice cubes.
- Stain and odour resistant inner – taste your coffee and not your cup
- Comfortably fits in standard cup holders
- Recyclable at end of life
- Materials: Stainless Steel, BPA Free Plastic (lid)
- Care Instructions: Not suitable for dishwasher, freezer or microwave. Handwash in warm soapy water and air dry.
Frank Green Alternatives:
If you wanted to explore a couple of other options to the Frank Green Cup, check out these 3 listed below.
All are also Australian-made from non-plastic materials, ticking all the boxes for health and sustainability that the Frank Green cup does.
With the founding mission of reducing disposable waste and cleaning plastic from the oceans, Joco has produced a super-high quality range or reusable glass cups.
2.) Keep Cup - Glass & Cork Edition (click here to check prices)
Founded in 2009, Keep Cup was one of the first company's in Australia to see the need for a reusable coffee cup!
- Press-fit lid: no leaks, easy to attach and drink from
- Natural cork band.
- Highly-durable tempered glass.
- Drafted vessel for easy pour
3.) Sttoke Ceramic Coffee Cup (click here to check prices)
The Gold Winner of the Good Design Awards, these are highly-rated and very well-reviewed reusable cups.
- Handmade in Melbourne, Australia
- Double-wall insulated for 3 hours hot and 6 hours cold
- Spill-proof and shatter-proof
- Great alternative to plasticware
Thanks From The Bircher Bar!
I hope you've enjoyed this review and found it helpful! 😊
If you have any more questions at all, don't hesitate to send us an email - always happy to help out.
Again, through clicking the blue button at the top of this page, you will be taken to our recommended supplier and the best pricing and we can currently find for this product.
We also make a small commission on that link at no extra cost for you which enables us to keep our site going and you to get the best deal out there - win/win for all!
Finally, we are lucky enough to have negotiated some incredible coupon codes with our favourite brands and producers - these are some of the biggest discounts on the market. If you'd like to grab these codes, simply join our email list via the link at the top of the page.
Thanks so much for the support!