SuperFeast Ashwagandha – An Ancient Adaptogen that Builds Strength, Promotes Fertility, & Regulates Stress
Known in Sanskrit as “the smell of the horse”, Ashwagandha is known for its distinctive smell and claims of its ability to give a person horse-like strength. It has been used as a revitalizing tonic in India for millennia to dial down the body’s stress response by blocking stress pathways.
It has several names and many positive traits. In the Ayurvedic medical system, it's known as Withania Somnifera, which translates to “sleep-inducing.” This versatile Jing herb may also strengthen reproductive potency, improves hormone production, boost immunity, and regulate blood sugar.
It’s one of our favourite adaptogenic herbs and can work miracles for people grappling with unruly, persistent stress.
What You'll Find Here:
- Everything you need to know about SuperFeast & their Ashwagandha
- What I like about it, and something to be aware of (Pros & Cons)
- The best place to buy it, as well as a special offer for our readers
- Why you should use it and how to best take it
- Any alternatives I think are worth considering
SUPERFEAST ASHWAGANDHA REVIEW BY SARAH - BIRCHER BARS HEAD PRODUCT TESTER
What I Like About It:
Elevated Yoga & Meditation – After taking it in the morning with a tonic tea, sometimes I feel calmer and my mind is quieter through meditation.
My yoga practice is stronger – so long as everything has aligned for me that day, proper sleep, no injuries etc I have felt a shift in feeling more grounded through my yoga practice.
Lastly, I don’t have any problems with memory or learning, minus when I forget where my keys are or I leave my phone behind at the gym…so perhaps my memory isn’t great ha! While I’m still forgetful in that way I have felt a shift in my ability to retain certain amounts of information.
Friendlier Than Pharmaceutical Medications – Stress is inevitable in life, but the landscape of stress in this day and age is pervasive. Social media and the barrage of negative news can leave any normal person feeling hopeless. Seeing a healthcare provider for treatment might be a good option, but the medications they prescribe can sometimes have nasty side effects, so it’s always a good move to try going natural first.
Incredible Product & Company – SuperFeast took their time in launching the Ashwagandha, so they could ensure the procured product meets their high standard of excellence. This is an excellent reflection of the company and our view of SuperFeast.
They do their due diligence with every herb and tonic medicine, so the quality for each customer is superlative! You can expect outstanding customer service and phenomenal products from them each time you order.
A Word of Caution About It:
I have absolutely loved taking Ashwagandha, but it could negatively impact someone who is taking thyroid medications or has low blood sugar. If you aren’t sure if Ashwagandha is safe for you to use, you should always check with your doctor.
- Noticeably calmer thoughts and emotions.
- Stronger body/mind connection.
- Elevates physical performance.
- Improves cognitive function.
- A super high-quality product from an excellent company
- Could negatively interact with Thyroid medications or people with low blood sugar
- SuperFeast’s Ashwagandha taste is quite strong. You’ll probably enjoy it more if you add something to it to make it sweet. Add some honey or sugar to your tea, or Try SuperFeast’s Chai tea recipe for a delicious treat.
Where To Buy SuperFeast Ashwagandha?:
Head to the top of this page and click the big blue button to go directly to the SuperFeast website to place an order!
Get 15% off your entire order! To show our appreciation, we have an exclusive offer for our readers - all you need to do is join our email list, and you'll receive a code to input upon checkout.
Alternatively, if you'd prefer to buy in person, you can head over to their website and search for your nearest stock list.
What is Ashwagandha?
Ashwagandha is a small plant with yellow leaves that grows natively in India and North Africa. Some manufacturers use both the leaves and root for the herbal medicine, but SuperFeast only uses the root.
It goes by many names like Indian Ginseng and Winter Cherry. Ashwagandha is spelled and pronounced differently by people, so pay extra attention to that.
It’s been a part of Ayurvedic Medicine practices in India for 3,000 years, which classifies it as a Rasayana plant that strengthens and heals the body in all its tissue. Its funky smell defines the plant and gives it a particular brand.
Health Benefits of Ashwagandha:
Ashwagandha's healing properties and medicinal benefits aren't foreign to modern medicine. It has up to 15 well researched and tested clinical applications. It boasts a broad spectrum of restorative abilities.
- To briefly outline some of the most commonly recognised and researched benefits:
- Supports a robust immune system
- A potent anti-inflammatory
- A powerful sleep-aid
- Helps the body adapt to stress and fatigue
- Supports healthy reproductive system
- Improves physical performance
- Slows the aging process
- Increases energy, strength, and endurance
- Fights against cancer
- Regulates blood pressure & blood sugar
- Regulates hormone levels
- Safeguards the neurological system
- Increases muscle mass and testosterone
Let's dive deeper into some of the most evidence-backed benefits below.
1.) Reduces Stress and Anxiety:
There are a variety of studies that show Ashwagandha alleviates stress and anxiety. It’s proven to reduce cortisol levels in the body, which is a stress hormone released by the adrenal glands. One study of chronically stressed adults saw a 30% reduction in cortisol amongst those who took the highest dosage after 60 days.
Another 60-day study split 64 adults into two groups – one administered with Ashwagandha and the other with a placebo. 69% of the participants taking Ashwagandha reported a reduction in stress and insomnia, while the placebo group only reported 11%.
2.) Increases Fertility:
Ashwagandha is an effective tonic that may enhance the reproductive potency of both sexes. One study of 75 infertile men showed a marked improvement in the count and health of their sperm after taking Withania Somnifera.
A different study confirms Ashwagandha diminishes the effects of chemical toxins on both male and female reproductive organs.
3.) Improved Cognitive Capability:
Several animal and human studies demonstrate Ashwagandha promotes superior memory and neurological processes. One study administered Ashwagandha to rats with epilepsy. The rodents had a complete reversal of spatial memory impairment.
A human study administered healthy men a daily regiment of 500 mg, and they reported a drastic improvement in their reaction time and task performance.
4.) Increases Muscle Mass & Strength:
Ashwagandha’s aptitude for giving people additional strength is based on strong scientific evidence.
One study gave a group of men in between 750-1,250 mg of Ashwagandha root per day, and they all gained muscle strength after 30 days. Those who took Ashwagandha in another study showed larger muscle mass and strength, with a reduction in body fat percentage.
How to Take Ashwagandha:
As previously mentioned, Ashwagandha’s flavour is bitter, so add something sweet to it. SuperFeast has a soothing Sleepy Ashwagandha Milk recipe to take at bedtime if you are using it to treat insomnia. Adding both Ashwagandha and Reishi to the mix will give you even an even deeper sleep!
My favourite way to take it is by adding some Indian spices, like turmeric, masala, or cinnamon, to a delicious tea. I like to savour the distinct flavours of the region!
As for dosage, they recommend starting with ¼ to ½ tsp daily and working your way up from there.
SuperFeast’s customers know the value of the company and their products. They articulate them well in the review section on their website. Check out some of our favourites down below:
· " To the superfeast team. Been taking this tonic herb now, only for a short time, and what an amazing herb this is. Be patient with this tonic herb, let the herb do it's magic and feel the uplifting effects of Ashwagandha in your life. Thanks for sharing superfeast.!” -Luke L.
· " Hi guys! Another AWESOME product, have been taking this since Friday last week when i received my goodies. I can't actually believe when paired with Reishi the sleep i get!!!! LOVE YOUR WORK & you guys are so quick to help with everything and anything! Keep it up!!!!!!." -Mel P.
· " I had almost immediate benefit from taking small dose (about 0.25 tsp/day) in morning. I'm much more relaxed and far less reactive when stressed - which, as a teacher is fairly regularly! My son took it (same dose and timing) and stopped after a couple of days as it seemed to cause bad dreams. Used same dose on my dog who was reacting by continually barking at a new dog that arrived next door. Dropped her reactivity and barking to a point where it is no longer a problem. It tastes disgusting no matter how it is presented so have purchased a capsule kit and now make up capsules from the powder so I can swallow it without tasting. Highly recommended. "-Doug L.
If you've tried Ashwagandha and haven’t got the results you were hoping for, or you are just looking to amplify a few of the health benefits, check out these products as a great alternative… or complement!
If you are interested in Ashwagandha’s fertile properties then consider supplementing it with Deer Antler. You'll get additional hormone regulation with improved stamina and libido. It augments Ashwagandha’s properties perfectly! Read up what Darcy has to say after taking it in our review of Superfeasts Deer Antler.
If Ashwagandha is missing the mark on what you need from a medicinal tonic, then try Chaga! It will treat digestive problems, support a robust immune system, and has vast amounts of melanin for vibrant skin.
If you are looking for a well-rounded tonic medicine that also reduces stress, the 'spirit plant' is a great solution.
Eucommia Bark is also a potent adaptogen but targets different systems in the body, such as the bones, tendons, and ligaments. Specifically, it will help treat pain in the back and knees.
If you like the stress relief of Ashwagandha and are experiencing body pain or osteoporosis, then check out our Eucommia Bark review.
The awesome power, strength and stress relief Ashwagandha gifts people is real. As some of the studies have shown here in this article, high percentages of participants have had incredible results.
I’ll be continuing to keep taking my SuperFeast Ashwagandha as I’m not always the best at tackling stress! I like others opt to have it in capsule form now so as to avoid the obstacle of its bitter taste. If you are curious, Ashwagandha isn't expensive either, so it’s not a huge financial commitment to test it out. Let us know how it goes for you!
Thanks From The Bircher Bar!
I hope you've enjoyed this review and found it helpful! 😊
If you have any more questions at all, don't hesitate to send us an email - always happy to help out.
Again, through clicking the blue button at the top of this page, you will be taken to our recommended supplier and the best pricing and we can currently find for this product.
We also make a small commission on that link at no extra cost for you which enables us to keep our site going and you to get the best deal out there - win/win for all!
Finally, we are lucky enough to have negotiated some incredible coupon codes with our favourite brands and producers - these are some of the biggest discounts on the market. If you'd like to grab these codes, simply join our email list via the link at the top of the page.
Thanks so much for the support!