We all know at this point just how important it is to get in a good amount of fruits and vegetables every day to maintain your health.
Great produce like organic fruits and leafy green vegetables can be expensive and time-consuming when you’re always on the go. Depending on where you live - fruits, greens and vegetables can also be hard to get, meaning you need quality supplements to keep up your nutrition.
Vital Greens Australia was created by two medical herbalists in Sydney a number of years ago to produce products that are “nutrient-rich for the time-poor”. They've successfully expanded their range over the years, however, their flagship product is still their 'Vital Greens (or 'Vital All-In-One' and 'Vital Everyday) super greens powder.
Vital All-In-One is one of many super green powders now available in Australia, but still probably the most highly-regarded, positively reviewed and sought after.
Not to take it on face value, we had to test it and see what all the fuss is about. Check out the full Vital All-In-One review below!
What You'll Find Here:
- Everything you need to know about Vital Greens 'Vital All-In-One' powder
- Pros & Cons: What I like about it and what you need to consider
- The Best Place To Buy It (as well as a special offer for our readers)
- Why you should use it and how to best take it
- Alternatives and complements I think are worth considering
VITAL GREENS REVIEW BY DARCY - BIRCHER BAR FOUNDER & OWNER:
What I Like About It:
Nutritional Needs Are Covered - Vital Greens ticks a huge range of nutritional boxes. Delivering key nutrients, vitamins and minerals from fruits and vegetables in a 'bio-available' state - all 78 ingredients serve a purpose, unlike some other products in the market that contain fillers to bulk it out and save on costs.
Aside from fruit and vegetable extracts, Vital Greens’ mix is also packed full of antioxidants, probiotics, digestive enzymes, and even herbs that support your mood and stress levels. Everything from Vitamin C to green tea - it's all been carefully considered and included for good reason.
Supports Your Immune System - Vital Greens has a huge range of ingredients that are scientifically proven to help support your immune system. Developing strong immunity is crucial to staying fit, strong and healthy, now more than ever.
All-natural and free from any additives, preservatives, chemicals or unrecognizable components - I take Vital Greens knowing I'm building my immune system day by day and improving my general health. It's also a great way to get added immune support if you do fall sick and clear any colds, flu or lurgy much faster.
Powerful Herbal Ingredients - Medicinal herbs and 'adaptogens' are an important addition to Vital Greens and provide many different health benefits.
I won't list them all here as you'll find them all accounted for in a section below, but you can expect to find everything from Siberian Ginseng and Global Artichoke through to Withania Somnifera and Gotu Kola. These all combine for important benefits including boosting liver health, supporting the nervous system and increasing brain activity to name just a few.
What You Need To Consider:
Vital Greens is a great nutritional supplement ... but that's exactly what it is - it isn't designed to replace fresh fruits and vegetables.
Don’t make the mistake (as some people apparently have) of thinking you can take just this and forgo fresh produce altogether. It is fantastic 'nutritional insurance' and undoubtedly helps 'fill some gaps' you might have in your diet - but it is definitely not a meal replacement.
Furthermore, some components in this mix may cause nausea, vomiting, and stomach problems for those who have specific allergies or sensitivities. While it isn’t a common occurrence if you do suffer from allergies or have any concerns at all be sure to contact your medical practitioner or GP prior to use.
- All ingredients are carefully considered and provide numerous health benefits
- Perfect 'nutritional insurance' for filling any gaps that may be in your diet
- Includes some potent adaptogenic tonic herbs for an added level of immune, nervous and respiratory system support
- Some ingredients may cause side effects in those with specific allergies. Consult a doctor before use.
WHAT IS VITAL GREENS?
Vital Greens (now 'Vital All-In-One') is the flagship all-natural super greens blend from Vital. Founded in 2000 by Stephen Sprada and Shane Sullivan, Vital now produce a number of brilliant health products including pea protein and hemp protein.
Offered as an easy to take and highly absorbable powder and crafted from 78 carefully combined ingredients, Vital Greens provides a huge amount of essential nutrients, vitamins, minerals and on a daily basis.
It also packs in probiotics, antioxidants, essential amino acids, essential fatty acids such as Omega 3 and 6, and whole plant sterols and fibre.
Check out the complete ingredient list below.
Vital Greens Ingredients:
Vital classify their ingredients for this blend under a few major categories:
- Greens, vegetables and high nutrients
- Antioxidant and immune support
- Probiotics and prebiotics, digestive system and enzymes
- Herbs for nervous system support
- Additional vital vitamins and minerals
- Liver support herbs
- Alkalising vegetable protein
- Natural sweetener profile
And get ready to scroll, because here is every single ingredient for you to check out!
- Organic Spirulina 1000mg
- Organic Apple Powder 600mg
- Organic Chlorella Powder 333mg
- Organic Kale Sprouts 100mg
- Organic Wheatgrass Powder 200mg
- Organic Barley Sprouts 200mg
- Acerola Fruit Extract 267mg
- Carica Papaya Powder 250mg
- Organic Broccoli Sprouts 150mg
- Pineapple Fruit Juice extract 240mg
- Bilberry Fresh Fruit extract 200mg
- Rosehip Fruit Extract 167mg
- Red Beet Powder 167mg
- Carrot Root Powder 83mg
- Spinach Leaf Powder 67mg
- Licorice Root Powder 67mg
- Wolfberry (Goji) Fruit extract 33mg
- Hawthorne Fruit extract 29mg
- Kelp Whole Plant Powder 8mg
- Citric Acid (anhydrous) 150mg
- R,S Alpha Lipoic Acid 67mg
- Astragalus Root extract 67mg
- Grapeseed extract 67mg
- Green Tea extract 67mg
- Cocoa Bean Polyphenol extract 67mg
- Rosemary Leaf extract 67mg
- Beta-Glucans 50mg
- Reishi Mushroom Powder 21mg
- Shiitake Mushroom Powder 21mg
- Resveratrol 10mg
- Globe Artichoke extract 500mg
- Inulin (FOS prebiotics) 417mg
- Ginger Rhizome Powder 67mg
- Bromelain 65mg
- Aloe Vera Gel 500mg
- Lactobacillus Acidophilus 3.0billion
- Bifidobacterium Bifidum 3.0billion
- Papain (from Carica papaya & pineapple)
- Siberian Ginseng extract 1000mg
- Lecithin (95% phosphatides) 725mg
- Organic Flaxseed Powder 400mg
- Gotu Kola extract 67mg
- Withania somnifera (Ashwagandha) 67mg
- Citrus bioflavonoid extract 500mg
- Vitamin C (Ascorbic acid) 333mg
- Calcium (from Calcium citrate 100%) 130mg
- Potassium(from Potassium phosphate di-basic) 104mg
- Vitamin E(d-alpha tocopherol succinate) 100mg
- Magnesium (from Magnesium Citrate) 42mg
- Vitamin B3 (Nicotinic acid) 18mg
- Silica (colloidal anhydrous) 13.6mg
- Zinc (from Zinc amino acid chelate) 10mg
- Co-Enzyme Q-10 (Ubidecarenone) 8mg
- Vitamin B5 (Calcium pantothenate) 3.5mg
- Vitamin B6 (Pyridoxine hydrochloride) 3.2mg
- Vitamin B1 (Thiamine hydrochloride) 2.8mg
- Vitamin B2 (Riboflavin) 2mg
- Vitamin B3 (Nicotinamide) 2mg
- Pro-vitamin A (Beta-carotene) 2mg
- Manganese (from Manganese amino acid chelate) 1.4mg
- Vitamin B7 (Biotin) 330µg
- Vitamin B9 (Folic acid) 300µg
- Copper (from Copper gluconate) 225µg
- Selenium (from Selenomethionine) 30µg
- Vitamin B12 (Cyanocobalamin) 28µg
- Chromium (from Chromium picolinate) 10µg
- Vitamin D2 (Ergocalciferol) 2.8µg
- Rice Bran Powder 310mg
- Milk Thistle extract 67mg
- Dandelion Whole Plant extract 33mg
- Burdock Root extract 21mg
- 100% Vital Pea Protein Isolate 927mg
- Papaya, Broccoli, Carrot, Pineapple, Natural Vanilla, and Natural Sweetener Complex (thaumatin, monk fruit, stevia, xanthan gum).
VITAL GREENS HEALTH BENEFITS:
There is an unsurprising amount of benefits that come with a high-quality greens nutrient powder like Vital Greens.
With a powerful combination of antioxidants, probiotics, prebiotics, digestive enzymes, protein, vitamins and greens - the most evidence-supported health benefits of Vital Greens include:
- Improved digestion and nutrient absorption
- Better gut health and function due to colonising good bacteria
- A stronger immune response
- Better cell repair and protection from the removal of 'free radicals'
- More efficient muscle and tissue repair from amino acids
- Increased metabolism function
- Improved energy and mood
- Healthy hormone balancing
- Adding various micro-nutrients that contribute to numerous bodily functions
As I mentioned earlier, I like to think of Vital Greens as 'nutritional insurance', helping to cover any gaps I might have due to issues with diet, sleep or external environmental factors.
WHERE TO BUY VITAL GREENS?
Vital Greens is one of the best greens powders available in Australia - and the best place to buy it, in my opinion, is from Australia's most popular eco-friendly and sustainable retailer!
They often run many great specials and promotions on their entire range and go to great lengths to ensure they operate and source to the highest standards possible.
You'll also find every size available with them, I recommend you start out with a small jar to test it out first, and move to a larger jar to save some money if it's a winner for you!
Available for purchase are:
- Vital Greens Sample Sachets
- Vital Greens 120g
- Vital Greens 300g
- Vital Greens 600g
- Vital Greens 1KG
Click the blue-button or any of the links and banners in this article to jump straight over and check its availability, and don't forget to join our email list for our Bircher Bar exclusive subscriber discounts!
HOW TO TAKE VITAL GREENS:
Vital All-In-One is beautifully versatile and can be used in many different ways.
With the all-natural fruit and plant-based sweeteners in the mix, it is as simple as mixing it in with water and stirring well. This is my favourite way to take it as I personally find it sweet enough.
If you find that you'd like it sweeter, or simply want to explore a few different ways to use it - Vital Greens mixes in easily with most of your other favourite breakfast options such as fruit and vegetable juices, smoothies, shakes and oatmeal.
Do Super Greens Really Work?:
Funnily enough, this is a very common question surrounding greens powders. To answer it properly, it's worth defining what is meant by 'works'.
If you're looking to supplement a good diet and add in a wide range 'system supporting' and health-promoting vitamins, minerals, nutrients, enzymes and adaptogens - then yes - a high-quality super greens powder like Vital All-In-One definitely works!
When taken consistently it's a brilliant way to address any nutritional gaps that inevitably happen in a busy lifestyle due to stress, lack of sleep and nutrient-depleted food.
If you're looking for a supplement that will 'fix all of your problems' but haven't addressed other factors such as poor diet, erratic sleep patterns and toxic lifestyle habits (e.g. smoking) - then no - this won't 'work'. It would surely help address some deficiencies, but it isn't a 'cureall' and can only do so much.
When Should I Take Vital Greens?:
Take two teaspoons of Vital All-In-One mix daily for the best results. You can take it any time, however, Vital Greens is best taken before meals or at least one hour after meals to help with maximum absorption.
If you miss one day or two days, don’t stress about it. Remember - this isn’t a medication your body is reliant on, just some additional support.
Vital All In One Dose & Potential Side Effects:
I started out with a full adult dose (10g daily) and experienced no issues, however, for adults first starting out with Vital All In One it's recommended to start with a half dose (5g) for the first few weeks, giving your body time to adjust to the product.
Due to the wide range of ingredients, some people have reported experiencing mild nausea, bloating, excessive flatulence, general gut discomfort or a minor skin irritation - although this is rare.
Again, start out with a small dose and monitor how your particular constitution adapts to it. Children, pregnant women, breastfeeding women and those with any specific conditions should contact their health practitioner first to be on the safe side.
OUR FAVOURITE ALTERNATIVES & COMPLEMENTS:
If you’ve already tried Vital All-In-One and would like to try out a few other excellent greens blends, check out the others we recommend below:
We love White Wolf's full range of natural health products - their greens blends included. Packed with antioxidants, amino acids, minerals, and vitamins - White Wolf Super Greens are up there as one of the best greens supplements available.
True Protein Greens is a much simpler formula than Vital All-In-One but still packs in serious nutritional benefits from a select combination of wheat, oat, barley, alfalfa and spelt greens. These are mildly alkaline green leaf powders and are mixed with freeze-dried fruit, organic matcha green tea, vitamin C powder as well as spirulina and chlorella.
Made of 75 nutritious ingredients, and vitamins minerals, this everyday green powder is great for the competitive athlete, the frequent traveller or just anyone looking to improve their gut health and immunity. Possibly the most famous greens powder on the planet, Athletic Greens has been popularised by many high-level celebrities, athletes and entrepreneurs!
The Vital All-In-One mix is a super high-quality greens blend that provides a host of potent and protective health benefits.
Australian-made, formulated and produced by qualified naturopaths, it's solidified its position as one of the best and most widely-regarded super greens available.
Affordable, easy to take and packing in more superfood ingredients than any other competitor - Vital All-In-One is a must-try if you're in the market for a top-level greens powder