The Perfect Mushroom to Boost Energy and Enhance Physical Performance
Cordyceps is most famous as an energy-boosting supplement that helps enhance physical performance and endurance (or from a Traditional Chinese Medicine perspective “Jing” which is found in the kidneys).
Cordyceps is a fungus that thrives in Asian countries and areas with humid temperate or tropical forests. It’s often referred to as the “zombie fungus,” as it typically grows inside insects and consumes them from the inside out. After the insect is consumed, a mushroom will sprout from the insect’s head and continue the life cycle.
Wild forms of this fungus are costly and difficult to source. Instead, SuperFeast harvests a strain of cordyceps herbs called CS-4 that is more ethical and economical (and less zombie-like), yet still contains the wild fungus’ medicinal power.
Tabel of Contents:
- What I like about SuperFeast Cordyceps
- What I think could be improved
- Where to buy SuperFeast Cordyceps
- What is Cordyceps?
- Cordyceps health benefits
- Customer Reviews
- Any alternatives I think are worth considering
SuperFeast Cordyceps Mushroom Review By Darcy - Bircher Bar Founder & Owner
SuperFeast Cordyceps has been a staple in my supplement cupboard for many years now.
What I Like About It:
- Increases Energy and Reduces Fatigue — I’m an active person who is always playing some sort of sport - ranging from running and bodyweight workouts to yoga and jiu-jitsu. I've definitely noticed increases to energy levels and endurance when taking Cordyceps consistently.
- Can Be Taken With Almost Any Beverage or Food — This supplement mixes in perfectly with soups and stews, coffee or tea, and even baked goods!
- Excellent Quality — SuperFeast is one of the most respected and reputable producers of Cordyceps Mushroom. I like knowing that I'm getting a potent, pure and uncontaminated product!
What You Need to Consider:
Cordyceps is safe for most people; however, everyone's body is different and there are rare reports of mild side effects such as gas, discomfort and bloating.
Always consult your doctor before introducing new tonic herbs like Cordyceps into your diet
- Boosts energy without the caffeine buzz from coffee
- Improves stamina during physical activity
- Delicious taste and versatile use in foods and beverages
- Affordable, high-quality supplement with free delivery
- May not be suited for pregnant women or nursing mothers
- May interact negatively with other medications, specifically blood-thinners
Where to Buy SuperFeast Cordyceps Mushroom:
I truly believe that SuperFeast produces some of the best Cordyceps mushroom in Australia ... and the world!
Through years of hard work, we are also lucky enough to be able to offer you the best SuperFeast discount available anywhere - join our mailing list to grab the code!
After that, click any of the banners or blue buttons to head straight over and use it to purchase your jar!
What is SuperFeast Cordyceps?
SuperFeast Cordyceps is a 100% pure CS-4 mushroom extract powder.
It is vegan, paleo, gluten-free, and sugar-free - made without fillers, preservatives, or additives. It's super versatile - lending itself to be easily added to beverages like coffee, or tea. Personally, I like adding it to smoothies, but the options are nearly endless.
It has a range of potential health benefits and is most commonly used as a lung tonic, athletic performance booster, anti-inflammatory, antioxidant, and to help the kidneys. It is thought to help increase energy and recovery for everyone from postpartum mothers and athletes to office workers and the elderly.
What Are the Health Benefits?
Cordyceps is known as an "adaptogen", meaning that it is one of the many tonic herbs containing stress-reducing and internal body-balancing properties.
It can offer many benefits to a variety of people when consistently used over time.
Supports Energy, Stamina, and Endurance
These herbs may help:
- Increase blood flow and oxygen absorption
- Support metabolic efficiency
- Decrease fatigue
- Enhance athletic performance
- Cultivate Jing (know in Chinese medicine as kidneys’ energy)
Boosts and Balances the Immune System
Cordyceps are strong supporters of the body’s immune system that can protect against disease and increase resiliency. They work bi-directionally to stimulate cell production as well as balance immunity. This means that they can ramp up cell production when your immune system struggles and slows down when your immune system is overworking.
Cordyceps are high in antioxidants, which are crucial in protecting cells from free radicals that can contribute to quicker ageing and lead to diseases. Their Jing-increasing properties help them boost cell production as well, resulting in anti-ageing benefits. This is one of the best herbs that also fight inflammation, oxidative stress, and can increase brain power over time.
Improves Kidney, Heart, and Liver Health
These potent herbs can improve cardiovascular health by stabilizing the heartbeat and even reducing LDL cholesterol levels. People can also use Cordyceps to strengthen and regulate the function of the kidneys and liver.
Enhances Sexual Health
Increased blood flow, energy, and endurance are all necessary for a healthy sex life. This particular medicinal fungus has been shown to increase all of these as well as testosterone levels.
How To Take SuperFeast Cordyceps:
Be sure to start small with Cordyceps or other tonic herbs. Everyone’s body is different, and you need to see how your body reacts. SuperFeast recommends taking ¼ - ½ tsp every day.
These herbs come in a powder and are super easy to mix with hot or cold beverages like water and milk! They also taste great in broths and soups, and other meals.
Why do SuperFeast use the CS-4 cultivated strain of Cordyceps?:
Wild Cordyceps is extremely rare and very expensive, due to this SuperFeast use cordyceps mycelium which is grown in liquid fermentation tanks and has been shown to have a similar medicinal profile and active compounds as wild cordy.
When will I start to feel the benefits of Cordyceps?:
There is no cut and dry answer for this question as everybody is unique. Some people may feel benefits immediately while for others it may take a couple of weeks to a month before they feel the shifts within their body. The most important thing with medicinal mushrooms is longevity and consistency as their potent medicinal benefits accumulate over time. SuperFeast recommends taking one or more of their products regularly for at least 30-100 days to really allow them to unfold in your system.
What herbs are best to pair Cordyceps with?:
This largely depends on your reasons for taking Cordyceps! If you are wanting to combat ageing we love it with Eucommia Bark, for increased libido, it works great with Deer Antler or if you're an athlete we recommend trying it with Astragalus.
In line with my sentiments for this product, you'll find countless 5-star reviews from hordes of customers:
- “I have recently cut out caffeine and started taking Cordyceps every day as my adrenals were burning out. I truly believe that Cordy is largely to thank for my increased mental clarity and concentration. I will be a loyal Superfeast customer for life, and I love all of your products that I have tried so far! Thank you.” - Kate P.
- “I can feel the difference between when I take cordyceps and when I don’t. My energy levels and focus has very much improved. Will buy again.” -Lara C.
- “This is the only supplement I've ever taken where I feel almost immediate enhancement/effects. My sugar cravings have dropped because I no longer need sugar pick-me-ups during the day. This has helped my energy levels exponentially and has eased my chronic cystitis. Will definitely keep purchasing cordyceps.” -Alex
Alternatives and Complements:
If you've already tried Cordyceps and would like to explore a few other tonic herbs or medicinal mushrooms (either as an alternative or a complement), check out some of my other favourites below:
This immune-boosting medicinal herb can help reduce fatigue, improve stamina, decrease inflammation, and lower stress levels — a great alternative to Cordyceps!
Read our full review of SuperFeast Chaga.
Enjoy more peaceful sleep, boosted immunity, and a calmer mind with this powerful mushroom. It’s perfect for on-the-go people who stress easily (like me!) and is a wonderful complement to Cordyceps.
Read our full review of SuperFeast Reishi.
It really is as powerful as it sounds! This herb serves as a fantastic complement to Cordyceps, helping to improve organ function, nerve health, immunity, and boost memory and cognitive for better focus throughout the day.
Read our full review of SuperFeast Lion's Mane.
Cordyceps’ is an excellent natural supplement for boosting energy seriously improving athletic performance - as well as a host of other amazing health benefits.
It's a great addition to any daily routine - lending itself as an easy add-in to coffee and food that will supercharge your routine.
The SuperFeast variety is one of the highest quality Cordyceps supplements we've found - if you're looking to give it a try, this is your guy!