The Original Tonic That Started it All:
Steeped in rich flavours and fascinating origins, this is original Fire Tonic that started it all!
What you'll find here:
- A bit of background on the Original Fire Tonic.
- The reasons why I use it and look to it as a daily natural supplement.
- Where you should look to buy it for the best pricing and service.
- How to use it, with a few great recipes to use as well!
Hilbilby Fire Tonic Original Review BY DARCY - BIRCHER BAR FOUNDER & OWNER:
This is an easy one for me to review as it's been a staple in my kitchen for a couple of years now. I use it primarily as a 'Cold & Flu fighter', throwing it back morning and night at the first sign of a sniffle or feeling run down. It does a great job as preventative medicine, the trick is to get on it quickly and give your immune system the boost it needs before the sickness digs its heels in.
Those who aren't too fond of Apple Cider Vinegar (ACV) might struggle with the flavour taking it 'straight-up', but there are plenty of ways to use it that aren't so intense on the palate (check out some of the easy recipes below).
Personally, I love the brief burn it delivers when taking a quick shot, warms you right up like whiskey - perfect for those winter months!
Beyond the Original Fire Tonic, Hilbilby also have a Vegan Fire Tonic, replacing the honey with organic coconut nectar, as well as a Black Label Fire Tonic, adding extra chilli and Szechuan pepper for those that like it hot!
WHERE CAN I BUY IT?:
You can buy the Original Fire Tonic using the big blue button at the top of this page!
We aim to direct you to the best pricing and most reputable retailers we can, making sure that the suppliers we recommend always operate to the highest standards and offer great customer service & value.
What is Fire Tonic?:
Fire Tonic (also known as Fire Cider or Master Tonic) is a raw, unfiltered apple cider vinegar (ACV) tincture complete with the mother of vinegar & infused with various health-promoting herbs, spices and beneficial ingredients.
Hilbilby were the first to introduce Fire Tonic commercially to Australia back in 2014, but its origins can be traced back over 350 years as a traditional folk recipe!
Check out this fun little video made by the Hilbilby crew on the origins of this powerful health tonic:
Fire Tonic Health Benefits:
Hand-made in Torquay Australia, the Original Fire Tonic contains 23 immune-boosting and metabolism stimulating ingredients with a range of health benefits including:
- Immune system support - perfect winter flu tonic
- Boosting metabolism and stimulating digestion
- Relieving muscle cramps and post-workout soreness
- Antibacterial agent - can help with candida overgrowth
- pH and blood sugar regulation
- Powerful pre-biotic promoting good gut health
- Heartburn, reflux and indigestion aid
- Soothes sore throats
How to Use:
As mentioned above, if you don't mind a spicy hit of ACV simply take straight up as a 'Fire Shot' (*5ml - 15ml taken 1 - 3 times per day).
If you'd like to dilute the flavour a bit - just add to salad dressings, nourish bowls, savoury dishes and even soda water or tea for a huge health and flavour boost.
Check out a few of our favourite recipes below.
'Fire Soda' or 'Fire on Ice':
An exceptionally simple & delicious summer refresher with a Kombucha type flavour.
- Mix 10ml of Fire Tonic, 1 level tsp of raw honey (dissolved in a tiny bit of hot water) & a wedge of sliced lemon. Top with still or sparkling water.
Similar to the Fire Soda above but better for those colder months. The combination of turmeric latte mix, honey, fresh ginger and lemon are great for inflammation and sore throats in particular.
- Mix 15ml Fire Tonic, 1 level tsp of raw honey, 1 level tsp of Golden Grind Turmeric Latte Mix, 1 lemon wedge, a dash of cayenne pepper and a small chunk of sliced fresh ginger. Top with hot water and stir well.
- Pro-tip: Take this one to the next level as a 'supertonic tea' with the addition of a 1/2 tsp of SuperFeast Schizandra Berry. The flavour works brilliantly with its peppery citrus notes and adds excellent adaptogenic properties to the tea, helping deal with stress, organ health and immune support.
Firey Virgin Mary (...or not?):
This awesome probiotic virgin mary recipe is adapted from the original recipe posted by Mumma Care and is just too good to not share with you. Depending on your own inclinations, this doesn't have to strictly be virgin either ... you know what to do ;)
Mix all of the following:
- 1 cup of tomato juice
- 15ml of Original Fire Tonic
- 2 tbsp of cultured water from Mumma Care's alchemy cookbook
- Juice of half a lemon
- A shake of Worcestershire Sauce
Pour into a nice tall glass and top with ice cubes, lemon slices and salt-crusted lemon wedges to serve.
Fire Tonic Ingredients:
ACV, raw local honey, chillies, turmeric, garlic, horseradish, ginger, carrot, celery, red onion, brown onion, apple, orange, lemon, mustard seed, parsley, rosemary, oregano, thyme, juniper berries, peppercorns, bay leaves, Szechuan pepper & Himalayan pink mineral salt.
Gluten-free | Paleo | Hand-made |
Thanks From The Bircher Bar!
I hope you've enjoyed this review and found it helpful! 😊
If you have any more questions at all, don't hesitate to send us an email - always happy to help out.
Again, through clicking the blue button at the top of this page, you will be taken to our recommended supplier and the best pricing and we can currently find for this product.
We also make a small commission on that link at no extra cost for you which enables us to keep our site going and you to get the best deal out there - win/win for all!
Finally, we are lucky enough to have negotiated some incredible coupon codes with our favourite brands and producers - these are some of the biggest discounts on the market. If you'd like to grab these codes, simply join our email list via the link at the top of the page.
Thanks so much for the support!