Of the billions of coconuts harvested each year for the coconut oil, water and flesh industries, 99% of their shells are discarded and burned as waste. Up-cycling these shells into beautiful eco-friendly bowls make for the perfect environmentally friendly addition to your kitchen, creating a beautiful and sustainable piece that you'll fall in love with!
Coconut Bowls collects up to 10,000 discarded coconut shells every month. They are purchased from coconut farmers who had previously spent precious money and resources on the waste process. The coconut shells are then taken to ethical workshops in Vietnam and Indonesia, where local craftspeople are employed at well above fair trade standards. The team cuts, sands and polishes these coconut shells into beautiful coconut bowls that are food safe, reusable and can last a lifetime.
Made from real coconut husks and completely smoothed inside and out, they are ready for anything from smoothie bowls to salads to stir-fry's ... the list is endless!
Nothing artificial is used in the making of the coconut bowl - they are simply collected, cut, sanded, cleaned and finally finished with an organic coconut oil polish.
Each bowl is unique with its own shape, size, colour and markings however approximate sizes are:
- Diameter average 12cm - 14cm (Average 13cm)
- Depth 6cm - 7cm (Average 6cm)
- Volume 500ml - 700ml (Average 600ml)
Other key features include:
- 100% Natural
- Easy to clean
- Food Safe
- Hand Crafted
- Made from Real Coconuts
- Fair Trade
- No artificial glues or lacquers
The original coconut bowl is a hardy piece but is still a natural product and requires some care and maintenance.
- Rinse your bowl in room temperature water before use.
- Do not use with extremely hot foods.
- Hand wash with lukewarm soapy water. Do not use in the dishwasher or soak for a long period of time.
- Do not expose your bowl to extreme heat and do not use in the refrigerator, microwave, oven or dishwasher.
- Polish your coconut bowl with coconut oil as often as you like to rehydrate your bowl and restore it's smooth and shiny finish. We recommend every 10 or so washes.