Hitting all of the nostalgia perks of a classic Apple Crumble, this incredible Apple and Strawberry crumble takes it up a notch to be the perfect Winter dessert!
Ticking all of the boxes required for a great Bircher Bar recipe, this is simply healthy, delicious and easy to make - and for an added bonus, it's completely Gluten Free too!
The credit for this tasty number goes to the brilliant Cassie from www.cookitrealgood.com who lovingly used local fresh & seasonal produce, combined with The Bircher Bar's new Goldenola Granuesli blend to put together a truly unique and mind-blowing crumble!
Gluten-Free Apple and Strawberry Crumble
For The Filling:
- 2 apples, peeled, quartered and thinly sliced
- 250g strawberries, thinly sliced
- 1 tbsp honey
- ½ tbsp lemon juice
- ½ tsp cinnamon
For The Crumble:
- Preheat oven to 180C.
- Mix filling ingredients together in a bowl (photo 1) & then pour into a baking dish (photo 2).
- Place a cup of Goldenola in the food processor and pulse until the ingredients are a uniform size (photo 3).
- Mix the Goldenola, melted butter and honey together in a bowl (photo 4).
- Pour this mix over the filling ingredients (photo 5).
- Bake for 30 minutes, or until the top is golden and the apples are fork tender (photo 6).
It's seriously that easy, and the flavours that develop from the addition of strawberry and the Goldenola Blend will impress any lover of an apple crumble! As it's also a gluten-free apple crumble, you whip this one up for almost anyone.
Try it for yourself, and let us know what you think in the comments!