Australia loves Coffee! No doubt about it. But do you know just how much our country get's excited for this delicious elixir?
As 2017 closes out, our good friends at Square have used all of the amazing data they've collected from cafe's around the country to put together The 2017 Australian Square Coffee Report!
To summarise a few fun facts:
- Latte drinkers in the Northern Territory who spend on average almost $1 more on their beverages than those in New South Wales.
- The most expensive coffees were of the iced variety, with people spending more than $5 on iced coffee in every state.
- The cheapest coffee across the board was the traditional long black, the only coffee with a national average transaction value less than $4.
- Latte is still the most popular coffee choice across the country, our data showed that sales of flat whites have been steadily increasing, up by more than 22% since 2015.
- From October 2015 to October 2017, there was a 120% increase in the sales of chai lattes and a whopping 360% growth in the matcha-infused brew.
- 2017 saw more adventurous latte flavours introduced on menus across the country, including beetroot, taro and turmeric. Turmeric lattes, more than doubled in popularity (120%) between April and July!
Check out the full infographic below:
How do you enjoy your coffee? Or are you more of a Golden Latte fan? Hit reply and let me know!